I remember my Mom cooking Stuffed Bell Peppers when I was a child and although I loved to eat the inside, I refused to eat the bell pepper itself. Kind of defeats the purpose of making stuffed bell peppers, but I’ve just never liked the taste of bell peppers.
Stuffed Bell Peppers
- 4 large bell peppers
- 1 lb hamburger meat
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1-15 oz can tomato sauce
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese
- Cook rice according to package.
- Prepare a pot of boiling water.
- Cut tops off bell peppers and clean seeds out.
- Place in boiling water and cook fro 10-15 minutes, drain.
- Brown hamburger meat, drain.
- Mix hamburger meat, cooked rice and ¼ cup mozzarella cheese until well blended. Add ½ can of tomato sauce and mix well.
- Divide mixture between bells peppers, stuff bell peppers and place in upright position in baking dish.
- Pour remaining tomato sauce over top of bell peppers. Top with remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Place in pre-heated 350° oven for 25-20 minutes or until heated through and bell peppers are soft.