Renovations to Our Montana 3791rd

Back in August we decided to renovate our RV in preparation of moving back into it full-time. Our plan was to get it done before our house sold, but that didn’t turn out quite like we planned. The house sold within a day of listing it and closed in 30 days. It was good to get it off our hands so quickly, but there was no way I could get all the renovations completed in just a few short weeks.

Our to do list included:

  • New flooring throughout – DONE, except for the bedroom and bathroom
  • Paint all the walls – DONE, except for the bedroom and bathroom and a little of the hallway
  • Paint all the cabinets – DONE, except for the bedroom and bathroom
  • Remove the couches in the living room – DONE

As you can see the only thing that has been completed is removing the couches from the living room. Because I am using the couch areas to store stuff, I have yet to decide what I will put in those spaces. I would like to add a chair to one side, if not both, just to give extra space for people to sit as now we only have a loveseat, which is another story in itself. The loveseat has seen much better days and will have to be replaced soon.

The walls and cabinets were painted with Pure White (SW7005), Sherwin Williams Showcase Paint. The island was painted with Naval (SW6244), Sherwin Williams Showcase Paint.  I used two coats of paint after using a coat of Kilz Primer. Prior to applying the paint, the walls and cabinets were washed with TSP Cleaner. The color on the flooring is Tavern Oak from Lowe’s.

Below are before and after pics of the spaces that have been completed. I am very happy with the results and look forward to finishing the bedroom and bath as soon as time permits.

We removed the backboard behind the stove and added 3″ x 6″ stainless steel peel and stick tile about 1/8″ thick. It was easy to install.

This pic doesn’t do justice for the color of the island as it is more navy blue in person.

The recipes added to the hutch area were created using a Cricut machine and then applied to a 1/4″ piece of board I painted white, then trimmed in the navy color used on the island. Lots of sweat and tears in that project.

The original backboard was removed, which was applied with some heavy duty tape that was hard to remove, which is why I created the new board to cover it up. I also removed the decorative pieces that were below the small storage cabinets.

A closer view of the island. We trimmed all the way around at the bottom in quarter round to finish out the look.

This cabinet piece took a lot more time than I expected, but it turned out rather nicely. I only added two rows of the back splash as I didn’t like the look of the whole wall being done.