My late husband’s father could cook a great soup and this recipe was always a delight whether we ate it at his house or ours. Make some cornbread to go with you and you will have a wonderful meal to share with your family and friends. Perfect recipe for fall, which is just around the corner.
Grandpa's Hamburger Soup
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 can green beans, undrained
- 1 can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can potatoes, drained
- 1 can baby carrots, undrained
- ⅓ cup elbow macaroni noodles, uncooked
- 1 46 oz can beef broth
- 2-3 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- Brown hamburger meat, drain fat.
- Add all ingredients to a large dutch over, except noodles.
- Bring mixture to a boil. ADD noodles.
- Cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until noodles are tender.
- Remove from heat.
- Serve with cornbread.