Lucky for me I have several sister-in-laws who love to cook and provide great recipes for family gatherings. This is another recipe that I wasn’t too sure about, but was willing to try it. Not only did I fall in love, but so did my kids and my husband loves it as well.
Make sure you don’t add the dressing until ready to serve. I add what I want to each persons individual bowl. NEVER mix with salad and put in refrigerator. Never refrigerate dressing.
- ½ head red or green cabbage, equal amt, romaine lettuce
- 3-7 green onions, sliced
- 1-2 tbsp butter
- 1 pkg crushed Ramen noodles
- 3 tbsp slivered almonds
- 3 tbsp sesame seed
- 1 flavored packet from Ramen noodles
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 4 tbsp vinegar
- ½ cup oil (this can be halved with water for lower fat content)
- Chop cabbage, lettuce and onion; combine and set aside.
- Brown noodles, almonds and sesame seeds in butter. (This can be done ahead and cooled). Set aside.
- Combine flavor packet, sugar, vinegar and oil.
- Toss ingredients together immediately before serving. Does not keep well once combined.