Being from the South, I love cobblers. I happened to stop at a roadside market the other day and they were selling blackberries. I used to pick blackberries on the side of the road when I was a kid and can remember my Mom making jellies and cobblers with them. Please enjoy this recipe! If you don’t like blackberries, you can substitute the fruit with peaches or blueberries and it will still be delicious.
- 1 pint blackberries
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tbsp melted (or soft) butter
- Wash and prepare fruit. (if using peaches, slice them before putting in pan).
- Place in baking dish.
- Add melted (or soft) butter.
- Mix flour, sugar, and milk until well blended. Pour over fruit.
- Place in 350° over for 45 minutes or until golden brown.