I just discovered a new food that I like…Banana Bread and boy is it delicious. I had always turned my nose up to it when someone offered me any in the past; however, my husband asked me to bake some and now I’m in love with it. The recipe below is from my cookbook, “Cooking with Mom”, which is a collection of recipes from friends and family that I created back in 2007. I baked this bread in my convection oven.
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup butter
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup mashed bananas
- 2 cups flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ cup buttermilk
- ½ cup walnuts
- Stir together flour, salt and baking soda and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl cream sugar and butter.
- Add eggs and bananas and mix well.
- Add dry ingredients and buttermilk, alternately.
- Mix well after each addition.
- Fold in walnuts.
- Pour into a greased loaf pan and bake at 350° for 1 hour and until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool completely in pan, then remove, wrap in foil and store in the refrigerator.