Time for another mouth-watering recipe. This time I’m baking a cake. A Chocolate Pound Cake to be exact. It was an opportunity for me to not only use my little RV Oven, but to also get a chance to use my Kitchenaid Mixer my sweet hubby got me. I wasn’t sure if I would like the mixer or not, but after using it a couple of times, I wondered why it took me so long to get one.
Chocolate Pound Cake
- 3 Cups Sifted Flour
- 1 Cup Butter or Margarine
- ½ Cup Cocoa
- ½ Cup Vegetable Shortening
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 5 Eggs
- ½ tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Cup Milk
- 3 Cups Sugar
- 1 ½ tsp Vanilla Flavoring
- Sift flour, cocoa, salt and baking powder together, set aside.
- Cream sugar, butter, and shortening until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each egg.
- Alternately beat in flour mixture and milk beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Stir in vanilla. Pour into pan.
- Bake at 325° for 1½ hours or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes, turn out and cool completely.
- Sift powdered sugar over top of cake.