Chocolate Pound Cake Recipe
Time for another mouth-watering recipe. This time I’m baking a cake. A Chocolate Pound Cake to be exact. It was an opportunity for me to not only use my little RV Oven, but to also get a chance to use my Kitchenaid Mixer my sweet hubby got me. I wasn’t sure if I would like the mixer or not, but after using it a couple of times, I wondered why it took me so long to get one. Recipe included below.
- 3 c. Sifted Flour
- 1 c. Butter or Margarine
- ½ c. Cocoa
- ½ c. Vegetable Shortening
- ¼ tsp. Salt
- 5 Eggs
- ½ tsp. Baking Powder
- 1 c. Milk
- 3 c. Sugar
- 1 ½ tsp. Vanilla Flavoring
- Sift flour, cocoa, salt and baking powder together, set aside.
- Cream sugar, butter and shortening until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each egg.
- Alternately beat in flour mixture and milk beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Stir in vanilla. Pour into pan.
- Bake at 325° for 1 ½ hours or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes, turn out and cool completely.
- Sift powdered sugar over top of cake.