For the last 15 years or more I have been making eclair cake after my aunt showed up to a family get together with one of these delicious desserts. My children loved them so much that my son use to request this as his birthday cake. I would make it up and add candles to it.
I looked back for photos to commemorate the birthdays we had this and all I could find was from 2004 when he turned 13, 2006 and 2007 at 15 & 16, respectively. I’ll add the birthday pics at the end below the recipe.
Back in the day when I made them I used to use a different chocolate topping, but have been unable to find the chocolate anymore so the revised frosting was from someone else and to be honest I have yet to make one with this revised frosting as I don’t think it will be as good as the original version. I really wish Nestle would still make the chocolate I used to use.
If anyone takes a chance and fixes one of these, let me know how that chocolate frosting really taste.
- 1 box Graham Crackers
- 2 pkgs Small French Vanilla Pudding
- 3½ cups Milk
- 8 oz Cool Whip
- 1½ cups Confectioners Sugar
- ½ cup Cocoa
- 3 Tbsp Butter, softened
- ⅓ cup Milk
- 3 Tbsp Light Corn Syrup
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Butter 9x13 pan and line with graham grackers.
- Mix together pudding and milk beating for 2 minutes.
- Blend in cool whip.
- Pour mixture over graham crackers and top with another layer of graham crackers.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours.
Chocolate Frosting Instructions
- Blend confectioners sugar and cocoa together, mixing well.
- Add softened butter and milk, mix well.
- Add corn syrup and vanilla, stirring until creamy.
- Spread over top of graham cracker layer.
- Refrigerate for 24 hours.