A Great Recipe for Banana Bread
I just discovered a new food that I like…Banana Bread and boy is it delicious. I had always turned my nose up to it when someone offered me any in the past; however, my husband asked me to bake some and now I’m in love with it. The recipe is below is from my cookbook, “Cooking with Mom”, which is a collection of recipes from friends and family that I created back in 2007. I baked this bread in my convection oven.
- 1 c. sugar
- 1/2 c. butter
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 c. mashed bananas
- 2 c. flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 c. buttermilk
- 1/2 c. walnuts
- Stir together flour, salt and baking soda and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl cream sugar and butter.
- Add eggs and bananas and mix well.
- Add dry ingredients and buttermilk, alternately.
- Mix well after each addition.
- Fold in walnuts.
- Pour into a greased loaf pan and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool completely in pan, then remove, wrap in foil and store in the refrigerator.